Tuesday, April 23, 2013

THE SETTING APART
-Tonight I was set apart as a Full-Time Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints-
Im an Official Representative of this Church and more importantly of Jesus Christ. Spencer W. Kimball (once our Prophet said) "The setting apart may be taken literally; it is a setting apart from sin, apart from the carnal; apart from everything which is crude, low, vicious, cheap, or vulgar; set apart from the world to a higher plane of thought and activity. The blessing is conditional upon faithful performance."

Its a very hard feeling to describe the Spirit, but tonight while being set apart, my stake president, my bishop and my father layed their hands on my head to give me this blessing. It was specific to me and my needs and was given through their authority of the Priesthood(the power of god-given to man restored by Joseph Smith). During this blessing, the best way to describe my feelings was that God was giving to me, Through them, all the ingredients that I will need to perform my mission effectively. He measured out exactly what I needed then added it all into my heart(my mixing bowl). He is going to use me to bake up a batch of something wonderful. :) I know that the priesthood is the true power of god and through him and my obedience, I can accomplish everything I am expected to. I can't wait! :)

 I LOVE MY FAMILY SO MUCH but i KNOW this is true- Missionaries leave their families for 18 months so that other families can be together forever. <3 and even though ill be gone for 18 months, i still have eternity to spend with my family :) how could i not take the time to share and give that gift to someone else. It wont be easy but it will be WORTH IT <3 :)


THANK YOU BISHOP NEWMAN FOR ALL OF YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!

No comments:

Post a Comment